To know how to prepare a diet to lower uric acid, it is necessary to know some details about uric acid and what causes its excess in the body.
Uric acid is an organic compound product of the degradation of purines, basic components of the nucleus of all cells.
Uric acid is produced mainly in the liver, intestine, muscles and kidneys, and is the product of the breakdown of substances called purines, which mostly come from animal proteins.
The human body also obtains uric acid from the degradation of its own cells, when they complete their complete life cycle and must be renewed naturally by the body.
Normally, uric acid is eliminated mainly through the kidneys.
High levels of uric acid in the blood are due to: an increase in its production in the liver, by a diet rich in purines or by little elimination at the kidney level.
Uric acid functions
· Endothelial function.
· Immune or defense response in the body.
· Resistance to parasites.
· Participates in the response in allergic reactions.
· Defense against neurological and autoimmune diseases.
Causes of high uric acid:
· Overweight and obesity.
· Alcohol consumption, such as beer and wines
· Bad nutrition. Excesses of:
· Red meat and sausages.
· Fish and seafood.
· Some legumes: lentils and chickpeas.
· Asparagus, mushrooms, cauliflowers, spinach, radishes, and leeks.
· Defect in its elimination by the kidneys.
· Some medications that cause excess uric acid production.
Diseases associated with elevated uric acid
Elevated uric acid is involved in several diseases, such as:
· Gout (gouty arthritis).
· Kidney diseases: kidney stones or stones.
· Metabolic syndrome.
· Insulin resistance and type 2 DM.
· Fatty liver of non-alcoholic origin.
Diet for uric acid
In this segment we will mention what foods to eat to lower uric acid:
There are general steps to take:
· Weight Loss: Research indicates that cutting calories and losing weight lowers uric acid levels even without restricting purine-rich foods.
· Type of carbohydrates: Eat more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains that can supply complex carbohydrates. Always prefer fruits to naturally sweet fruit juices.
· Hydration: it is necessary to stay well hydrated.
· Fat consumption: it is necessary to reduce the consumption of saturated fats from red meat, fatty chicken, and high-fat dairy products.
· Proteins Focus on lean meats, poultry, and low-fat dairy.
Let's see in more detail the foods we should avoid and what to eat to lower uric acid?
Based on the high, medium or low level of purines, we are going to give a list of foods that allows us to guide the diet and know which foods are used to lower uric acid:
Foods that can always be eaten due to its low level of purines:
· Breads and cereals: low in fiber, white flour or refined grains.
· Coffee and tea.
· Eggs up to 4 per week.
· Fruits and natural juices.
· Fats and oils in small quantities.
· Low-fat or fat-free cheeses.
· Milk: skim or 1% (limit to 24 ounces per day).
· Nuts and peanut butter.
· Pasta and macaroni.
· Soups made without meat extract or broth.
· Muscovado sugar, syrup and other sweets in small amounts.
· Foods with moderate amounts of purines:
These foods can be eaten but avoid excessive amounts:
The ideal is a single daily serving.
· Beef, lamb, pork.
· Consommé and broth, made with meat or poultry broth.
· Dried beans, peas, lentils.
· Some fish.
· Fresh beans and peas.
· Wheat germ and bran.
· Whole-grain foods.
· Yeast: all types.
Foods to always avoid:
· Game meats, such as goose, duck and partridge.
· Meat sauces.
· Some fish, such as herring and mackerel.
· Meat extracts.
· Organ meats or viscera: brain, tongue, heart, kidney, liver.
· Sweet cakes.
· Scallops, mussels, seafood.
Also known as cannabidiol, CBD is one of over 100 naturally-occurring chemical compounds found in the cannabis sativa plant. The key takeaway with CBD is that is it non-psychoactive, unlike the most commonly researched compound in the plant, THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which is responsible for the “high” or stoned effect associated with the use of cannabis. Veterans Vitality Full Spectrum CBD