What does evening primrose oil does for the body?
Evening primrose oil is very beneficial for health for many reasons. It contains the compound phenylalanine that aid in pain relief and is being used more and more to treat chronic headaches.
Benefits of evening primrose oil for health
Evening primrose oil is being studied is being studied as a way to treat problems related to premature aging, the appearance of acne and eczema, heart disease, children with hyperactivity, symptoms that occur with menopause and help regulate weight, among other conditions.
As you can see, evening primrose oil is very beneficial for health, and is widely recommended by herbalists to treat various diseases naturally.
Summary of the benefits of evening primrose oil
· Evening primrose oil is rich in omega 6 fatty acids, linoleic acid and gamma linolenic acid (GLA)
· Omega 6 fatty acids are beneficial to treat PMS, for this reason many women choose to implement the use of evening primrose oil at the time of their period or during menopause.
· GLA is essential for the production of certain hormones that regulate many bodily functions such as blood pressure, promoting healthy skin, improving oxygen metabolism, and the reproductive cycle.
· Although the body can produce GLA directly into linoleic acid, this is sometimes not efficient, so evening primrose oil may be of benefit.
· The fatty acids are important nutrients like vitamins and minerals, but not everyone can be produced by the body and essential fatty acids must be supplied in food or a supplement.
· Evening primrose oil is suitable for vegetarians, vegans, and people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
· Relieve joint pain and inflammation from rheumatoid arthritis.
It is beneficial for joint pain
The use of evening primrose oil and also the use of other sources that provide GLA contribute to reducing joint pain and inflammation. According to studies, in just 6 months, signs of reduction in inflammation caused by rheumatoid arthritis were shown.
Prevent nerve damage from diabetes
Other research has shown that evening primrose oil may prevent and even reverse damage to the nerves caused by neuropathy, which is a diabetes-related condition. According to this study, the numbness along with the loss of sensation that people with diabetic neuropathy usually present were reduced after the use of evening primrose oil.
Reduce symptoms of eczema
The eczema or atopic dermatitis may occur if the body has problems with fat GLA. Incorporating evening primrose oil can help to level out the necessary GLA fats that can help treat skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis, and other similar problems. Evening primrose oil can also help treat other skin problems such as acne.
Fight the damage of multiple sclerosis
The essential fatty acids present in evening primrose oil can help reduce the inflammation produced by multiple sclerosis. Fatty acids can also contribute to healthy nerve development if consumed constantly (always consult a specialist before following any recommendation).
Evening primrose oil is beneficial in moisturizing hair, nails, and scalp
The use of this oil will not only benefit against brittle nails, but it will also help maintain healthy cuticles and nails generally. Also, the fatty acids in evening primrose oil help nourish the scalp, and also for a variety of problems that are generated in the hair.
Normally, blood glucose levels are tightly controlled by insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas. Insulin lowers the blood glucose level. When the blood glucose elevates (for example, after eating food), insulin is released from the pancreas.